There are several best WordPress SEO plugins out there, and most of them are freely available. Each plugin has its own set of features and some similar functionalities, so let’s highlight which ones are the best for specific use-cases. In this article, we’re going to walk you through the five best SEO plugins for WordPress.
For instance, you would never want to use more than one SEO plugin on your site, and that’s not what we recommend either. This list contains Rank Math, Yoast, All in One SEO, but you need to pick one that best fits your needs to avoid plugin conflict.
Without further ado, let’s get started.
5 Best WordPress SEO Plugins
1. Rank Math Plugins
Rank Math, aka the Swiss Army Knife of WordPress SEO, is the most powerful WordPress plugin.
Besides all the incredible behind-the-scenes improvements, it helps you make your website SEO-friendly and boost your rankings. The setup wizard is easy to follow, power-packed with a great UI.
So, what’s there in Rank Math that’s missing in the other competitors?
- You can avoid messy reports from Google Search Console, all thanks to its integration with Google Search Console.
- You can easily manage your redirects with Rank Math’s advanced redirection manager.
- You can choose from over 20 Schema markup types.
- Rank Math’s built-in support for Facebook Open Graph tags helps to set up tags for each post.
- You can quickly get rid of 404 errors with the powerful 404 monitor.
- You can easily migrate to Rank Math, as it allows you to import all your data from any other plugin with ease.
These are just some of the many things you can do with Rank Math. To learn more, read the 40 unique things you can only do with Rank Math, and believe me, Rank Math is a powerful plugin that you can vouch for that’ll help to level up your SEO game. Rank Math already goes above and beyond other top-rated SEO plugins – most of which cost money, are loaded with annoying upsells, and a bloated code.
Rank Math PRO starts at $59 per year that allows you to track 500 keywords, and it a business version starting at $199 per year that tracks 10,000 keywords.
2. Yoast SEO Plugins
Yoast SEO is the most popular plugin and has over five million installations to date. Yoast continues to impress the WordPress world with impressive updates, a friendly interface, and the easiest option to make your blog posts and product pages stand out from the rest.
Yoast is also famous for its state-of-the-art content and SEO analysis. Whether you’re a blogger or a content creator, Yoast helps to tune your website so that you can create great pieces of content!. It has been used in our blog WordPress reading time and count post views as well.
Yoast offers a bundle of features such as:
- Automatically generate an XML sitemap for your site.
- Verify your site in Webmaster Tools such as Google, Bing, Baidu, Yandex, etc.
- Import data from other plugins with ease.
- You can add titles and meta descriptions for your site.
- Yoast SEO provides cornerstone content and internal linking features to help you optimize your site structure in a breeze.
The premium version of Yoast includes advanced features such as internal linking suggestions, content insights, etc., available at $89 per year for one website.
3. All In One SEO Plugins
All In One SEO is the most comprehensive toolkit that helps to improve the rankings without using any complicated SEO jargon. It comes with a setup wizard that allows you to choose your SEO settings as per your preferences. All In One SEO offers a tremendous on-page analysis that helps you easily optimize your posts and pages.
You can use All In One SEO pack to:
- Edit your robots.txt file through a user-friendly interface.
- Edit your .htaccess file without using FTP.
- Easily earn site links for your site.
- Autogenerate meta descriptions for your posts/pages.
- Create a backup of all your AIOSEO settings.
It also offers support for AMP, which means that it integrates with the official AMP WordPress plugin. The premium version starts at $199 per year and offers more advanced tools and unlimited keyword assistance.
4. Google XML Sitemaps Plugins
If your sole motive is to get your site indexed by the search engines, then Google XML Sitemaps is an excellent choice. This plugin automatically generates a sitemap and helps to get your site indexed on the search engines with ease.
Here’s what the plugin offers:
- The plugin is completely free for everyone.
- Generate XML Sitemaps on the fly.
- The plugin supports custom URLs and all sorts of WordPress-generated pages.
The premium version costs around $39 per year and offers advanced features for WooCommerce, breadcrumb optimization, video XML sitemap, etc.
5. SEOPress Plugins
SEOPress is a freely available plugin that contains no ads. It is a simple and fast plugin that easily manages all your titles and meta descriptions of your posts/pages. SEOPress also analyses your content to optimize it in a better way for the search engines.
The plugin is jam-packed with features such as:
- Create XML Sitemaps to improve search indexing.
- Import settings from other plugins.
- Automatically scans all your links to fix errors.
- Easily customize your RSS feeds.
- Edit your social meta easily.
The finest plugins display SEO projections and recommendations on your page and posts. Some provide fewer features but unique assets, such as analyzing broken links, reducing image file sizes, importing and exporting settings, etc.
We hope this article helped you find the best WordPress SEO plugins for your site. If you’ve any other plugins that you’d love to recommend, please share them in the comments section. We’ll be glad to hear from you.